I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bad blogger...

It's been pointed out to me on numerous occasions over the last week that I'm slacking in the blogging category.  June Bug and I have been busy enjoying summer. As he becomes more and more of a walker I've been trying to find fun places to let him loose....

Well I found one, the best museum ever!! They open early on Wednesday for kids under 2, which really  meant it was just Bug and one other little girl. We won't talk about her, frankly, I didn't like her much and if she screamed "no" one more time at my child, I was going to have words with grandma. Ok, not really because I'm a giant wuss, but perhaps grandma should have put down the iPhone and watched her not-so-nice toddler.
Photobucket
Walking to the next exhibit!
Luckily June Bug is easy going so he had fun anyway.  Here are some of the many things to do! Really, seriously there are TONS of rooms in this museum. My favorite thing was a giant magnetic wall. All the pieces form different animals and trees. My child preferred to rip everything off of the wall, but you get the idea.




This tree house had little circles with bugs that lit up at the touch of a button, so of course Bug was obsessed with both the button and the lights.

Photobucket



The water table had a current, and using the slates you could dam-off a route and sail your ships.  June Bug was won over at the word "water".

Photobucket

A small portion of the magnetic wall.

Photobucket

This is the toddler bouncy room. Bug was more impressed with the big kid toys, but he still enjoyed kissing himself in the mirror.

Photobucket

All in all, it was a successful trip. The museum held his attention for 90 minutes before it was nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment