I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Sweetest Surprise

Good bye sweet summer...
PhotobucketOk so per the calendar summer ended last weekend, though around these parts it's really summer until November if you look at the weather. But as a teacher it ended in August with the return to work. Regardless, it was a bittersweet end of stay-at-home mommy time with my sweet little June Bug.

I forget how much fun it is to be a kid in the summer and I thoroughly enjoyed relieving my childhood. We enjoyed trips to the pool, parades and wagon rides with our favorite gal pal, watermelon,  and picnics in the park and of course June Bug turned 1.



But it wasn't just a busy summer that kept me from blogging a little more regularly.  Our sweetest surprise came in July and sent me packing to the bathroom floor for... well, I'm still hanging out there.  June Bug is very excited to announce that he's going to be a big brother come March. Ok, he was actually pretty indifferent to the news, but hopefully he'll be more excited once Baby Bug arrives, in the meantime Daddy Bug and I'll be excited on his behalf.

On a side note, I'd like to meet the man, because clearly it was a man, who coined the term morning sickness and smack him upside the head for being an unobservant male.
Photobucket
How's this for a surprise face??

No comments:

Post a Comment