I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life is a Compromise

And June Bug has caught on to my negotiation strategy.

When he's particularly difficult and won't get dressed, my "please put on your shirt and pants" is met with wailing, world-ending misery. But a simple, ok, "well how about you put on your pants and shirt then?" is somehow totally different and results in a clothed 2 year old.

::shrug:: whatever gets him dressed because I can only imagine the tears that would ensue should he step outside naked in 30 degree weather.

Unfortunately, my language trick may have met its demise:

    Mama:          What do you want for breakfast?

    June Bug:     Peanut butter and jelly

    Mama:          No you had that for dinner. You need to eat something different.

    June Bug:     Fine. Jelly and peanut butter. 

Touché little dude. How can I argue?

And for the record, I still didn't give him PBJ. Mean mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment