I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Monologue...

By Miss Lady Bug

I love nap time. Peace and quiet and time to myself. Lately, time for me to nap since Lady Bug thinks 5:15am is an awesome hour to rise and shine.  June Bug was in his room, Lady Bug in her crib. I made the mistake of crawling into bed and trying to fall asleep.

Lady Bug: 
Mommeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Mommeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....silence.....Belly, toes, belly, belly, toes, boca (mouth), nose, belly, belly (you might have guessed her favorite body part).... what's this? Mommy, what's this? toes. belly. toes. belly.  Mommeeeeeeee, Mommeeeee, All done. Up please. Love you. Up please. Love you. Mommy. All done.... 

repeat for 1 hour and 20 minutes. seriously. 

Eventually I was suckered by the "love yous" and I tried crawling in the crib stupidly thinking she'd nap with me. I'm sure you can guess how well that went. 

She found my phone in my pocket...and opted for a selfie. That's my face she's smashing with her other hand.

1 comment: