I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Thursday, May 24, 2012

And thus it begins...

...Sibling competition. As we near our big moving date, it dawned on Lady Bug that June Bug had a celebrity BFF  and she was not to be shown up.  But let's be realistic, the midwestern suburbs aren't exactly packed with celebrity goodness like Southern California. So the clock was ticking...

Plotting babies!
Being a little young to scout on her own she recruited her BFF and future husband baby E (I'm not at all opposed to arranged marriages) and baby E's mom, la Tía favorita. Off they went to lunch at a local restaurant in an area not exactly foreign to celebrity traffic and sure enough they hit the jackpot.  Lady Bug, being the daring girl she is (and in an attempt to one-up her brother) hits up an older guy and his mama: 10 month old adorable Arthur and his mama Selma Blair. Baby E, Arthur and Lady Bug enjoyed, well a predominantly mute lunch on their part, while their moms did the usual baby chit-chat and dined.

Arthur's mom was most definitely charming and witty and hopefully has a good sense of humor. Since this sleep-deprived Mama Bug asked her if she was a working mom...um yes, clearly she is.  In my defense, I'm a little slow on the uptake when it comes to recognizing the "easily recognizable," it's part of my charm. But as a result my naiveté, she was happy to chat with Tía and I over lunch.  And Arthur is one good looking baby boy.  So Lady Bug can move happily, knowing she's found her celebrity BFF. But don't worry Baby E, he's no competition for you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment