I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ahhhh Summer Break...

Hahahahahahahahaha, hahahahahaha, I have tears streaming down my face right now. All I could talk about for the last month was I can't wait for summer break! Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every minute of my stay-at-home-mommy-summer-JOB. Not break.  Ok, and maybe not every minute.  I could do without the following:

1. diaper blowouts at 10pm after June Bug's been asleep for 3 hours
2. Food throwing
3. temper tantrums
4. The dreaded molar-teething (please, please come in soon, you're soooo close!)

I tried laughing, it didn't fool him.
Other than those minor events, I'm loving being home with the little guy. It was a no-brainer when I picked my summer activity. Stay-at-home-mommy for me. And props to June Bug for keeping it interesting.  He has already foiled my summer plans of renaming him June Bug the Beach Bum.  
The dreaded June Gloom had finally cleared and I raced off to the beach, excited for this inaugral summer trip!!!! And what did I learn? That the beach, is the scariest place on earth. I mean scariest.  Complete with shaking, sobbing, head burying, run, run far away, meltdown. 


Even at a safe distant from the water, still scary!

There's no doubt that June Bug looks like his mama, but he apparently inherited one of Daddy Bug's lesser traits:  a hate of the beach.  Yes, that's right my husband hates the beach because....wait for it...."sand is messy"  
::insert eyerolling::
I love, love, love the beach and I will not be deterred by this ridiculous male-dominate-beach-hating trait. Hopefully round 2 isn't met with as many tears from the boy bugs.

I do hope he doesn't hate the pool this much or we're going to have a boring, boring summer.
 
I will leave you with a happier June Bug, listening to music with his daddy. Man, do we need to work on the mommy-friendly hobbies...


1 comment: