I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Helping Hand

Disaster of the day...Thanks Bug!
Or not so helping hand...
June Bug LOVES to lend a hand when I decide to clean and organize.  Well, he thinks he's helping.

Usually it entails him ripping everything out of the neatly packed bin and crawling in it.  If I'm lucky, he'll hand me the items instead of throwing them.  And is he ever proud of his handy work. His excitement usually results in him reclaiming the recently shared item and throwing it...as far as he can.  

But he gave it to me first, so that's what counts in that little head of his. It's definitely a 3 steps forward, 4 steps back process. Yes, you read that right, our humble abode is getting progressively messier. I'm just doing what I can to slow it down. 


Look mom, the basket is all clean!!

I really should be attempting to get more picked up right now.  But instead June Bug and I are enjoying Dance Party Friday. It is the start of summer break and a 3 month stint as a stay-at-home mommy.  Which means that I technically have more time to clean.


I say 10:1 odds, this place is a bigger disaster come August. 

Dancing is so much more fun than cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment