I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Splash!

This weekend marks a long awaited event... the neighborhood pool finally opens!! June Gloom delays the start of summer around here, often keeping our temperatures in the lower 60's, maybe 70's, but most definitely overcast most of the day.  However, the last few days have been perfect pool weather, but alas no pool.   We tried the beach, but clearly that didn't go quite as planned.

So it was time to improvise. June Bug's infant bath tub was closeted long ago when he learned to climb out of it-- fun for Bug, not fun for Mama.  But with 85 degrees and sunshine, it was time to be creative. So we dragged it outside, along with beach toys and gave it a shot.

Day 1: June Bug immediately climbed in, excited by the prospect. Then Mama Bug was stung by a bee, so that quickly ended attempt #1.

Day 2:  Reapeat of June Bug excitement and no bees making both Mama and June Bug happy campers.

I'm thrilled this option has kept June Bug entertained, but I'll be happy to walk over to the pool come Saturday. Hopefully it's as big of a hit since I will be spending my Friday night lined up with throngs of other mothers to get into Mommy & Me  swim classes...yes that's right, it's a lottery for swim classes.  Yet as ridiculous as I think it is, ::hangs head in shame:: I will still be joining the masses hoping and praying my number gets picked and my kid gets in. I'm sure my parents are dying laughing right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment