I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Blessing...

Making it through church with a 22 month old and a 2.5 week old, that was a HUGE Easter blessing for the Bug household.  We've had to vacate mass early when June Bug decides to melt down beyond the point of no return.  The last time it happened Daddy Bug felt so bad, asking if I was sure I wanted to leave pre-communion.

Me:  yes, I think God understands and everyone else in this building is silently thanking God for our departure.

Yesterday, Lady Bug slept through most of mass, wonderful!



The bigger challenge  is the toddler...how do you keep a 22 month old entertained during mass??  Well of course I pack a diaper bag full of books, toys, snacks and other crap; none of which is of any interest to him.  Lucky for us, June Bug LOVES music.  And by love I mean, when a song ends in church and it is completely and utterly silent, June Bug throws up his arms and cheers:  "YAAAAAAAAAY!!!" at the top of his lungs and claps enthusiastically.

And of course being the stellar mother that I am, only encourage said behavior by giggling like a school girl.  Luckily everyone around us was just as amused by June Bug's love of church music.

On a side note, I always said if I had a baby girl I'd never put giant-ass bows and flowers on her head.

Yeah, well I lied.  They're so much fun and so damn cute, even if they are a bit ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment