I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Friday, September 28, 2012

Bedtime Roulette

By 5pm last night I had two very exhausted kids. As I watched June Bug's head bob at the dinner table I pondered putting him to bed at 5:30.  Several people have texted and facebooked to see if it backfired on me. Yes, yes it did.  And frankly, I think it's because he should have gone to bed at 5. Seriously.

By 5:55pm all was perfectly quiet and two kids were sleeping...stupid, stupid me.

6:15pm would commence with an overtired June Bug wailing about how he was tired while I begged him to "please cry quietly so you don't wake Lady Bug".  By all means laugh.  It might be the most unrealistic and ridiculous thing I've ever asked of my toddler.

6:40pm all is quiet again.

3:45am Wailing June Bug because "piggy [piglet] is scary" only to be soothed by snuggles, aka holding mom in a headlock.

Luckily Lady Bug had the courtesy to wait until 4am to wake up. June Bug whined a little upon my departure, but apparently found something else to snuggle with, his underwear. Obviously, I mean who doesn't love a good snuggle with their Sesame Street intimates? Why the he!! 8 pairs of underwear were in bed with him to begin with is beyond me. How I failed to notice until 7am is another story...



3 comments:

  1. Yup, you need coffee...right now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my every night right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there mama!! I feel like everyone I know with 2 kids, the older had a sleep regression when the baby was born. Totally sucky, but I hope it resolves quickly for you!!

      Delete