I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy Halloween!! Love, Lady Bug

Halloween, it's all about the fear factor. I've always thought the "scariest" things were rooted in sounds:  the shrieks and screams of a haunted house, the soundtrack to a horror film, the creeks and groans of an empty home, the suspect silence of a toddler...

Lady Bug, an apparently huge Halloween lover, has been diligently practicing her scariest pitch for over 3 months. When I say diligently, I mean relentlessly. For hours. Seriously, hours, I wish it were a typo. I think it's suffice to say she's ready for all those trick or treaters.

Frankly, I think this sound should be illegal and am desperately hoping she opts for Christmas carols come November 1st.


No comments:

Post a Comment