I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Perspective of a 2 year old

Recently a mom friend shared this very fun article.  I'm so guilty of underestimating June Bug's comprehension that I thought this would prove interesting.  The mind of a toddler is an anomaly, but it was a reminder that toddlers really do live in the moment; something I could and should do much better for sure.  His answers, verbatim:

1. What is something Mommy always says to you? no push [Lady Bug] (true story)

2. What makes you happy? Read books

3. What makes you sad? Feet are sad

4. What makes you laugh? Dada and mommy

5. How old are you?  Two

6. How old is Mommy?  Two (I wish I had the skin of a 2 year old)

7. How old is Daddy? Two

June Bug getting a hug from his bestie :)
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Go to the dentist (he'd like any place that gave him 20 toys at each visit)

9. Who is your best friend? Little D!
(This one melted my heart. June Bug did say his actual name, but he happens to be the son of one of my bestest friends and most favorite people of over 20 years. I'm glad our kids get to be buddies too!!)

10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Be Max, king of the monsters (yes, really. word-for-word)

11. What are you really good at?
Monster books and max books

12. What are you not very good at? 
::shakes head no:: (aka nothing, obviously mom)

13. What did you do today?
Play in the park (ummm it's 30 degrees we did not go to the park today, but you did beg to go)

14. What is your favorite food?
Pooh Toast (toast and honey, which he was eating when I asked him)

15. What is your favorite song?
Elmo song (I don't think he even took a breath before answering)

16. What do you want for your birthday this year?  Panqueques (pancakes)

17. What is your favorite animal?  giraffes (a toy giraffe was on the table at time)

18. What is love? Amen!!! (shouted, at the top of his lungs. It was only lacking a finger snap and strut)

19. What does Daddy do for work? Daddy work choo-choo (Well he takes one to get there, so almost?)

20. Where do you live?  Daddy's car (no, he really doesn't. I swear)

21. Where is your favorite place to go? The kitchen (too bad he can't cook yet)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this. Was there for most of this. I can confirm the "Max. King of the monsters" answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is he adorable, he is also a genius:)
    Loved his answers! And mommy's commentary.
    "Panqueques" was my favorite...
    And this picture is one for the record books - how sweet!
    Adam's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this by way of our man in the midwest and it definitely put a smile on my face. Little man is so right. Feet are extremely sad. EXTREMELY.

    ReplyDelete