I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bathtime Bible Blunder
Brought to you by the letter B

My husband is astounded by my apparent lack of biblical knowledge despite being a regular Catholic church goer. My theology-teaching-Catholic coworker will tell you I'm a "good" catholic for allowing someone to read and interpret the bible for me a la 16th century Spain.

Either way, it's true. I can't even attempt to deny this after I named June Bug's whale-shaped faucet cover Jonah. In case you're like me, Jonah is not the whale. I was sure it was Jonah the Whale not and the Whale.  Frankly,  I think it's sad that the whale is nameless and maybe if he hadn't been I would have read the story. This is where my husband tells you I watch too many Disney movies.

Meet Jonah, the whale who DID have a name
But the name stuck, our bathtub whale is Jonah  and June Bug is a big fan of him. So much so I've had to dump 36 foam letters and numbers into the tub in order to distract June Bug from standing up to give Jonah hugs or to eat his tail fin. For the moment June Bug's deterred by this new bath time treat, which means he's also not trying to drink the bath water.

Oh, and like any good mother I did taste the water to make sure it was safe. What it wasn't was tasty, not even close. I do not recommend trying it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment