I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Splish Splash Splat!

That would be the sound of baked potato hitting my walls; I wish I was referring to Splat the Cat, our favorite baby literature kitty.

As of late there seems to be a disgusting amount of food decorating my walls. Somehow the "all done" baby sign was mistranslated into a sling shot motion; you can imagine the result. Good thing sweet potato orange, pea green, and banana yellow are the in colors.  Ok, I may be making that part up. Or maybe I'm bringing them back, a little retro? You decide.

Luckily June Bug loves a bath, the place he promptly ends up after all the food flinging. Sunday however we opted for a rain shower instead of a bath. Ok, I didn't really use the massive amount of rain as a bath alternative, but we did go for a walk where we did ::gasp:: get wet!

I never did understand all the "new mom" freak out that their infant could not possibly go out in the rain. I didn't get this memo from the hospital, that or June Bug ate the memo (paper is pretty tasty), so ignorance is bliss!


Rainy Day Glory!
June Bug loves water (understatement of the year) and rain is no exception.  The normal parent has a white noise machine, I play rain sounds. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to steal June Bug's fancy iPod clock so I could listen to rain showers as I sleep.

I think June Bug thoroughly enjoyed the surround sound effect since out of habit I hit play on the iPod  despite the downpours.

So while he's not quite ready for puddle jumping and the open seas, we'll enjoy bath time splashing and pretend ships.
At Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment