I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Lucky Little Shamrock

Southern California, you're missing the Irish gene. You might think this topic is 9 days early but my Chicago roots tell me otherwise. No one does green like the Windy  City: green beer, green pizza sauce, green river. I'm fairly certain most Chicagoans have no idea it's St. Patrick's Day not "Days". But we're not in Chicago, so we had to be green the California way:

The Skirball Center's Noah's Ark exhibit: a crazy floor to ceiling, multi-room wooden ark exhibit  full of giant animals all made from recycled materials and everyday objects.


It's quite the phenomenal exhibit complete with projected quotes from L.A. area children sharing their tips on being green.  My favorite: the child who claimed he was green because "I ride in the back of a Prius."  Brilliant.

"Organic" (local?)  Meat

June Bug's plan: "to eat boldly colored vegetables and learn to hug without crying". He truly is all about the organic, locally grown veggies but he's not quite the tree-hugger yet. Apparently hugging is scary.

So while it's not quite the St. Patty's day celebration I'm used to, it is better than a Shamrock Shake, which I do find to be a vile vile form of food. Blasphemous, I know.

Post Hug Tears

No comments:

Post a Comment