I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Midnight Mileage

It's a good thing this Mama Bug loves pounding the pavement given my love affair with desserts. I've done a lot of running and walking to find my post-baby body, usually with June Bug in the stroller. 
Well apparently he's been taking notes. I'm not the only one putting on the miles and I don't mean via crawling, heck, it's not even while he's awake or at least I don't think it is...

June Bug some how manages to cover every inch of his crib at least twice every night.  That kid really gets around, sometimes making me wonder if he actually sleeps at night. I often think my booty-shaking-bug is really getting his groove on under the bluish-green glow of the humidifier light only to throw himself into some new and ridiculous position when I check on him; positions that I couldn't sleep in if you paid me. An entire sprawling crib and I find June Bug sleeps with his head crammed in the corner, butt up in the air. Well for a short while anyway, until he scoots on to position #17 of 332 for the night.

I did remove his leg from the bars, after a photo.
Even though we have many months until the night, I often ponder how we will ever transition him to a big-boy bed.  If I had to do it tonight, I'd surely find him asleep on the neighbors front lawn.

To all the moms that bed-share, I think you're crazy or made of steel. I'd be beaten, bruised, bleeding...there's a reason this baby sleeps behind bars!

Strapped down for a reason...even at 2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment