I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Friday, April 1, 2011

You Got Game Kid...

Just a few weeks ago I was relishing in the fact that I had some inkling of a social life post baby, even if it was to chaperone June Bug at his various social engagements.  Well apparently I got a taste of the teenage years to come when Mama Bug's watchful eye is no longer welcome.

June Bug met up with his favorite gal pal to celebrate her birthday and while they reacquainted amongst toys and grass I was clearly tossed a look that said it all.  One cute little girl, and suddenly Mama Bug is chopped liver ::sigh::

Mama Bug: ruining teenage romances everywhere
Too cool for mom...

I know June Bug's aware of my constant watch since our favorite game is to see who can move the quickest to the forbidden play area of the day. But usually these over-the-shoulder glances to see if I'm paying attention are coupled with giggles and smiles.  Not this time.

 Apparently my kid has already realized I ruin his game.




No comments:

Post a Comment