I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Naked Truth...

...is that my kid really loves to be naked.

This is a post he'll hate me for in about 7-8 years.  My mom says it's a boy thing.  I have nothing to compare it to, but I have no doubt that this little boy loves being naked.  He'd happily crawl around post-bath and dry out au naturel if I'd let him.  While we're being honest, sometimes it is easier to plop that slippery infant booty on the bath mat and hope for the best as I scramble to gather up the gazillion foam letters, numbers, the rubber duck, bath mirror and other mass of floating objects.

I'll make a desperate attempt to throw a towel over the scrambling body, making a beeline for something inppropriate. But he's smart enough to know that if he moves fast enough, he can leave the towel in the dust.

Though the first crawling step usually lands a scurrying June Bug splayed out as his wet hands slip, a moment that never fails to make me laugh. June Bug, totally un-phased, picks himself up and plows onward.

I find this to be a risky endeavor. I don't really need June Bug marking his territory and with two cats...I won't go there. But as he gets quicker and I get slower I can only hope he out-grows this stage before he learns to open doors and get outside. 

Realizing he can escape the towel...
Not so pleased by the robe option

No comments:

Post a Comment