I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Absentee Bug

June Bug gets a vacation too! Luckily June Bug is a champion traveler because it was a long flight. I'm happy to report we were not one of those families with a screaming, kicking child the whole way.  Not that I fault any of those families, traveling with kids is HARD. Make no mistake about it. A good friend once warned that having kids would be the end of my carry-on days.  He failed to tell me it would also require a small army to tote the baggage required when traveling with just one small child.  Carseat, stroller, diapers, clothes for mom-dad-baby, toys, food...

What??!! Toys and food you say??  Um yes, one must have an artillery of gear to keep little bugs happy. Inflight, there's nowhere to go ::insert nervous, anxiety ridden grimace:: so bring along the baggage because this Mama Bug was determined to keep June Bug happy.  Zipped pouches packed with foam letters, finger puppets, iPhones stocked with Blues Clues videos...TV too??!!!!

Blues Clue=Fail, apparently my iPhone still looks like a chew toy, even with animation. Toys and food and lovie kept June Bug pleased as punch all the way.  Now if only he would sleep at night...

Are there really birds in there??!!
Best Airport EVER!!!



Snuggles!

1 comment:

  1. I Love, Love the picture of him in the airport.
    Traveling with myself is a difficult task and I can't imagine an army of baby gear, but as usual, Mamma bug outdoes herself.

    ReplyDelete