I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Incredible, Edible...

...Everything. True story, everything is edible at this age. I mean everything!

Toys=               food
books=             food
crib=                food
power cords= food
cat food=         food

point & case

Ok, so cat food actually is edible, for cats. I most certainly don't want to try it.  It doesn't smell good, so I can't imagine it tastes any better. But despite my constant sweeping and blockage of the kitchen, I have still fished out at least 4 pieces of cat food from June Bug's mouth. Gross- both the cat food and the fishing--,  it makes me gag too.

June Bug looks more like a dog as of late as he scurries around on all fours with something hanging from his mouth. That something is usually not a toy, not edible, heck it's usually not even his!!  My poor, cute, expensive, Coach clutch has most definitely seen better days.  

Why don't I just keep it out of reach you ask?  Have you ever tried to hide something from an-almost-toddler-on-the-move??!! They're crafty little things and if June Bug wants it,  June Bug will find it. The kid is a super sleuth in the making.

::sigh:: Here's to hoping the dry-cleaners can salvage my drool-soaked, teeth-marked little bag.

On the move with a "donut"
just the right height!

No comments:

Post a Comment