I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet Serenade

Oh no, don't worry not this Mama Bug. There is nothing "sweet" about my serenading. But June Bug enjoys it nonetheless so I'll keep on singing as long as he's listening, which I imagine won't be for much longer.

June Bug is definitely a music lover!  He received the Leap Frog Groove and Learn Music table as an early birthday present.  It's a giant hit as he shakes his booty to the music. It doesn't hurt that it also serves as a walker, making it's way back and forth and back and forth while he hones those walking skills. A third bonus, there's a little compartment that stores the most coveted baby treat in the house, the puff!!!

Our music loving extends to our night time routine where we rock and I sing.  As of late, when I start singing June Bug starts talking.  My first thought was:
he's on to my lack of musical ability and is trying to talk over me!!!
I mean I knew the day would come when he realized that if he had any shot at a musical talent he wasn't going to get it from me... or from Daddy Bug for that matter (we'll see if the hubby actually reads my blog!)   When I stopped to let him talk, he stopped. When I started singing, he picked right back up!

So either he's singing with me, or trying to shut me up... I'm going to go with the first for pride-sake.  You be the judge.  And yes, I did cut off the end of the clip as I get progressively worse. I'd like to maintain some self-respect.

PS. Apparently embedding an audio file into blogger is akin to breaking into the Pentagon. So you're getting a mini-slide show too so I could use YouTube.
Technology: 1       Mama Bug: -1   (it was that difficult)

No comments:

Post a Comment