I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BEFORE finger painting with an 8 month old...

Remember:

  1. Finger paint is not edible 
  2. The white kitty probably doesn't want to add color to his wardrobe
  3. Mommy's new pink and purple streaked hair is an 80's throwback and not in a good way
  4. Finger paint does not make for good make-up alternative
  5. Wet paint + crawling baby= slippery baby
  6. Dunking your 8 mos old in the shower to remove excess paint is apparently not fun
  7. An 8 mos old likes to suck on paper; paint is not a deterrent
  8. Finger paint...fruit puree...it all feels the same and therefore must taste the same right?
             Which brings me back to point #1 Finger Paint is not edible

I'm pretty sure my running shoes will be forever stained in with lovely shades of Valentine's pink and purple; I'm hoping it'll make me run faster.

What? Am I doing it wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment