I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Practice what you preach

    I preach balance, which means I'm eating those words as of late. And it's too bad they don't have nutritional value since I somehow failed to eat food for the better part of yesterday. 

    Where did I leave my sense of balance?  Probably in one of the many piles that I sorted and filed in a really safe place that I've already forgotten. And instead of taking a moment to breath, I'm attempting to see-saw with an elephant and frankly I'm scared of heights.

    So after over 8 hours of no food, I was not particularly pleasant by the time I crawled home and dug something out of the fridge. I can't seem to feed myself, but yet somehow our cats have a "weight" problem per their vet, which coincidentally was a Ryan Seacrest topic on his morning show.  Can I help it if one cat hisses at the other so she can eat his food?  Unfortunately my skipping my lunch neither slimmed the cat nor helped me get any extra work done, it just elongated the to-do list full of "little things".

    The good news, there is no baby weight left to lose.  The bad news, I was still stupid enough to go for a jog with June Bug only to discover mid-run that the BOB jogger was recalled due to a stupid string.  Serves me right for checking work email while waiting for a stoplight. 

    I knew I should have taken a nap and eaten cookies instead.

    Though many thanks to my favorite soccer mom for the heads up. I seem to hear all news about 4-5 days late...though listening to Ryan Seacrest radio might have something to do with that.

    Here's June Bug NOT enjoying veggies, he'd rather have a cookie too.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment