I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A precocious 5 year-old

"When I grow up I want to be a mommy, and I would like to marry a pediatrician, who would take care of babies and children too. We would have two children of our own. My mom says three are hard, and four are even harder to take care of all the time, so I'll stick to two!

I would be an 'at-home Mommy' and not work. I would take my little boy and girl to the park and to the movies. My husband would take us out to dinner, and movies too.

In my spare time I would shop for pretty clothes, and have lunch with my friends. I will NOT do housework. I'll have a maid, and a gardener too. The maid will do all the cooking!"

This is what my 5-year-old brain was plotting for me. Unfortunately, I do not have a gardener or a maid. And while my husband does a lot of our cooking, I do in fact do a great deal of housework. Mainly because I became a neat freak sometime after the age of 24 but definitely not before that; my college roommate and my mother can confirm this.

But one thing is for sure, I am a mommy and I'm doing my damnedest to let the cobwebs gather and spend as much time with my crazy little June Bug as the day allows, which does include lots of "pretty clothes" shopping while he's not old enough to rat me out.

I don't have any pictures of 5-year-old Mama Bug, so the little guy will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment