I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Thursday, February 10, 2011

For 10 minutes...

I was BFF's with an Oscar nominee, but only for 10 minutes.  On a recent trip to Target for a few baby basics, a nice gentleman held the elevator door for June Bug and me.  He told me about his 9 month old daughter and we did the usual baby chit-chat and then moved on our merry way.

Fast-forward to the baby food aisle where a lovely woman pulls her cart up to mine and asks if it's okay for the kiddos to interact. Of course!!! June Bug loves a new friend and he and his adorable new girl friend proceed to giggle, coo, smile and flirt (there was even some hand holding in there). Nice man from the elevator also appears, who turns out to be the cute little girl's dad.

We stand around and chat "baby" for a good long time and somewhere in that 10 minutes I realize that the nice elevator man failed to mention (not that he really would have) a very key detail...the lovely mother of said 9 month old daughter is the oh-so-talented  Amy Adams. And she is every bit as sweet, kind, and adorable as you would imagine her. So is her equally-adorable little Aviana, who proceeded to call June Bug "Boon," her word for all her favorite things; the girl's got good taste.

So for 10 minutes I'll pretend Amy and I were BFF's and our kids were going to get married, or at least be very good baby friends.

I leave you with another sweet image, June Bug and his sweet potate "fries" (since I thought it would be tacky to snap a picture of Aviana and June Bug).

No comments:

Post a Comment