I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Monday, February 14, 2011

Blue [Eyed] Valentine

So Hallmark has given us an excuse to indulge in something sweet and something you love. Love Bug had a weekend full of indulgences.  He was all about feeding himself. So instead of fearing the finger foods I let him feast. And feast he did, enjoying sweet potato fries, yogurt snacks, mum mums and by his decision string cheese when he swiped it from my hands.  He was quite pleased with himself to say the least. He's becoming quite the little food connoisseur and I'm enjoying the slow progression towards making one meal for everyone!

So in the spirit of Valentine's day,  I plan  to indulge in these blue eyes. Lucky for my post-baby-get-fit plan, they're low in calorie.

(Oh and for the record  I've never seen the movie Blue Valentine and with an infant on hand coupled with my hate of going to the movie theater,  the probability that I'll see it anytime soon is incredibly low. So my reference ends with the title.)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment