I hope my child looks back on today, and remembers a Mum who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, cause babies grow fast, much to our sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep
(Song for a Fifth Child)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"You cannot over communicate"

I'm borrowing my title from a fellow mommy and as a foreign language teacher I couldn't agree more. Currently I'm learning my 4th language:
               
                                    Baby Babble 101

Learning any  new language requires daily immersion and lucky for me June Bug has clearly discovered his voice and loves to use it. So I'm getting lots of practice.

A typical walk around the block, which you'll see is a popular daily activity,  involves a great deal of chatter. I like to think he's responding to my commentary but the Baby Whisperer would probably tell me otherwise:  

Mama Bug:  look at all the trees and pretty bird!!

June Bug: nananananananana               Baby mind reader: milk milk milk milk milk

Mama Bug:  oooooh cars and lights and people!!!


June Bug:  dadadadadadadada             Baby mind reader: milk milk milk milk milk

A WALK!!!! ::shrieking::


I was fairly certain all communications was lost on him at the moment (or on me); until yesterday!!

June Bug threw us a curve ball. Instead of crawling away and ignoring me during our usual session of:

"hi" wave "hi" wave "hi" wave

He WAVED back!!!!
Suddenly we became screaming, shrieking, just-elected-prom-queen girls as we "Hi'd" and "Wave'd" for the next 10 minutes. He was one proud little boy and I was one proud mama!!

Basking in his post-wave glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment